Bernard Socks Writes...



Socks in the Evening

Our guests are gone now
So I’m sitting still
While they were here I listened
To every word they said
A lot of it was dull.

Someone ruffled up my hairdo
And I didn’t mind that
Too much.

Our guests are gone now
And so it’s just me and my boys
As the house settles down
With creaking pipes and

It must be time soon
For a little bite?
Something to crunch on..?

Our guests are gone and
The great heavy darkness
Comes down all smelling of night
Excitements and the little door flaps

Calling me out to play
But now
Our guests have gone and
The house is so comfy and warm.



Defending the Realm

Did you see me?
Did you hear me?
I was yelling fit to burst
My tail’s flared up – look!
In a fabulous, furious display.

That wicked creature; that
Oh-so demure and vicious
Neighbour of ours – what’s he called?
He’s been round
The bottom of our garden again.

Skulking fluffily
And trying to be friends

I saw him off
Don’t you worry
I hissed and howled
But I didn’t get too close
Them fluffy, demure ones
They can go mental on you.

Anyhow.
I’m coming in now.
Dreamies.




Comments