Introduction...!


Hello! This is the new blog of the British writer, Paul Magrs. Magrs with a silent 'g' and pronounced 'Mars' for those who don't know yet!

I write fiction for adults, YAs and children - in a variety of genres - fantasy, mystery, science fiction, magical realism - and sometimes a strange blend of them all.

I write the Brenda and Effie Mystery series of novels - of which, so far, there are six. These are comic Gothic mystery adventures set in the town of Whitby on the North Eastern coast of England. They are essentially about Brenda - a 200 year old owner of a Guest House - who gets into spooky investigations with the help of her neighbour and best friend Effie, who owns the junk shop next door.

I also write the Iris Wildthyme series of novels. Iris is a time-travelling adventuress who roams the cosmos in her double decker bus along with her best friend, an Art Critic called Panda.

I write various other things - including tie-in Doctor Who audio adventures.

This blog is to let my readers and friends know what I'm up to - what I'm writing and publishing, and where I'm going to be, reading and signing and meeting people, on those days when I'm not writing at home. When I'm writing at home I'm in the constant company of our fantastic black and white cat, Fester - and occasionally brought cups of tea by my partner, Jeremy, who I've been together with for sixteen years now. We live in south Manchester and have been here for eight years.

As in my old blog, I'll also probably talking a lot about what I'm reading and watching and thinking about.

Please update your bookmarks and leave comments! I love getting them and hearing from readers. And, if you're into what I'm doing, please tell your friends and spread the word about my books. I need every one of those sales in order to keep on putting the stuff out there!

I've got a fantastically loyal and vocal readership... I love my readers - especially the Brenda and Effie, and Iris and Panda devotees.

Once you're on that Celestial Omnibus - you're on it forever!

cheers,

Paul

Comments

  1. Hey - you're getting more technically proficient by the day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new blog! Shame about the old website, but glad to see you're still blogging here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nick! I'm hoping all the old content isn't lost... if it is, though, never mind! i'll just have to write new stuff... I do find blogger easier to use, i must say...

      Delete
  3. Blogger used to be a lot more 'type it all in and hope for the best', but you can do more stuff with pictures and fonts than you used to. Wordpress slightly overawed me with all its potential curlicues and flummery when I tried it out - and Lorraine at work said it's much better to use blogger and not be distracted by all that...

    By the way, yes, yes - write new stuff! Please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the shiny shiny! Big Blogger fan, it's so easy to use. Also loving the Whitby Abbey shots...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Jane! I like blooger, too, because it's easier to see stats, etc. Yes, the Whitby abbey shots were from our last trip, in February.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paul. Never followed your blog before. Love you work so very much. Just keep on working like a bitch and write, write, write. Don't let it kill ya thou cause I NEED MORE. and i do mean MORE MORE MORE. mwah love ur mind, your words and those people that keepn you going. Sx twitter.... @nuttydays. mwah again. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sean! That's just what i need to hear as I sit down at my desk this morning...! Need to keep going...! x

      Delete
  7. Computers. Don't trust them, don't believe them...
    Excellent name for a new blog.
    Hornets' Nest, 4/5ths complete. Awesome work!
    Look forward to ep 5 conclusion.
    Full rave review to follow.
    Must type fast before blog kicks me out again...
    more later
    -Alias Pending

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on with the final part! Lovely to hear you're enjoying it. You've still to hear Rula Lenska the the hornet queen... and all that funny business to do with a hip flask, Royal jelly and an old ballet slipper...!

      Delete
  8. Glad I found your new blog! And what a fantastic name too :-)

    Following you again. In non stalker manner obviously ahem,

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment