Drawings of Men



I returned to watercolours and artwork just over three years ago, after a long hiatus. I drew and painted like crazy, and shared my work with everyone online and in small, local exhibitions. I painted lots of scenes here in Levenshulme and Manchester, and everywhere I went.

About eighteen months ago I started painting nude men and I realised at last that this was a subject that I'd never really let myself explore before. I think I was rather shy of asking people to model... but when I did, mostly they were delighted to!

For the first time I'm sharing some of these pictures publicly, and I hope you like them. I want to say a huge thanks to the men who volunteered and who agreed to let me show them to the world. I'm really proud of these pictures - and these fellas. To me, the gay men I know are the real superheroes of this world, and I want these pictures to celebrate them.


Comments