More reviews for 'The Story of Fester Cat'



"Is it such a stretch to say a pet is the keystone of the home you've made?  You'd never get an argument from me.  Nor would you get one from Paul Magrs, the British writer who shared his life and often his laptop with a scrappy black and white fellow named Fester.  Magrs' The Story of Fester Cat, just published on November 4, tells us about love, loss, searching, and gratitude as the feline member of the family saw it.  ...  Throughout it all, Fester speaks his lively mind as he reminds his humans, and us, what remains truly important.  There is always a garden somewhere, and we can all go there.  Listen to the cat.  Ungow." - The Pet Museum



"Is this a story of a cat?  Yes.  Is this the story of two men in love?  Yes.  Is the narrator Fester Cat?  Yes and no.
"Paul Magrs took the loss of his beloved Fester Cat and used it as a jumping off point to chronicle his and Jeremy’s lives from the time Fester arrived and adopted them up to Fester’s death at about age 18.

"We were essentially invited into Paul, Jeremy, and Fester’s lives and it truly felt natural to join them at the breakfast table, and in the garden, as they went about their daily lives.  
"Will I re-read The Story of Fester Cat?  I am not sure.  I am not sure if I can relive the loss of my own “Fester Cat,” Boo Boo, again as he too was a stray, entered our home and our hearts, and became ill at the young age of 15.  We too had to make a decision to make, and although I don’t regret it, I still miss him to this day.  The stories he could tell, just like Fester Cat.
P.S. I cried while reading the book, and I cried as I wrote this review, just saying…" -  Joyfully Jay Reviews.



". I’m not a huge fan of books written in the voice of a pet, because so few writers do it really well, so I approached this book with a bit of apprehension. However, Fester’s gentle charm worked its magic on me, and as I kept reading, I realized that Fester had captured my heart somewhere along the way.
"This is a story about a cat adopting his humans, not the other way around. It’s a story about what being a family is all about, even if it’s not a family in the traditional sense. After all, sometimes, the families we choose are the best families of all. And it’s a story about what cats can teach us if we allow ourselves to listen with our hearts.
"Thoroughly enjoyable and utterly charming (this effect was enhanced for me by some of the uniquely British expressions), this book made me smile, laugh, and cry, sometimes all on the same page."  -  The Conscious Cat. 



Comments

  1. Lovely reviews, Paul. I wish I was as eloquent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're one of the most eloquent people I know..!

      Delete

Post a Comment