'Serpent Crest' on the Radio at Christmas







Here’s something I’ve got on Radio 4Extra every evening this Christmas! It’s all the episodes of my Doctor Who series, ‘Serpent Crest’ starring Tom Baker and Susan Jameson. This wild and interconnected set of tales will take you from a futuristic reiteration of the Russian Revolution with robots into the heart of the Arabian Nights, and then to a village that gets flung out into a satellite in space. There’s lots of lovely guest stars in this – Michael Jayston, Richard Franklin Nerys Hughes, Joanna Tope, Simon Shepherd, Andrew Sachs (as the Doctor’s own multi-coloured scarf turned into an evil serpent…!) and David Troughton as a strange, twisted version of the Second Doctor.

There’s even a punch-up between two Doctor Who’s outside a pub.

These ten episodes are some of my favourite things I ever did under the Doctor Who banner – back in 2012 – and I hope you’ll enjoy them! 6pm from Monday on Radio 4Extra!




Comments