Fancy Man and Not Saying Bollocks To It




I'm really proud and honoured that Liz Dexter is reading through some of my backlist of novels in a monthly marathon. Today she's reviewing 1999's 'lost' novel, 'Fancy Man', (which doesn't come out of it too badly.) Liz's review is here!

It's very easy to feel terribly neglected as a writer when almost everything is out of print and even after all these books no one really knows who you are, and no one in that great, glittering world of books and stuff ever really bothers with you... So it's extremely nice when a blogger like Liz goes out of her way to read through and talk about these books. I just wish she had some other readers to join her on her odyssey!

As I've said before... I may not have had the breaks or the prizes or the wonderful ride that many of my peers and fellow writers have had... but I do have some wonderful and very loyal readers.

(But still, it would be nice if people in the world of book publishing and selling etc had some idea what it is I've been doing all these years... Anyone less dedicated than I am would have said bollocks to this a long time ago. Perhaps twenty-one years ago, when I lost this particular manuscript Liz is reviewing today...)


(My earliest novels are available reprinted by Lethe books - here!





Comments

  1. Thank you for linking to my review - I'm so glad this one wasn't lost forever as I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment