Sending Love in These Science Fictional Times



It's two years since we went south to Milton Keynes to visit our friends Carole and Kev, and took part in a lovely, literary charity jamboree and made lots of new pals. Then, exactly a year ago I was a guest at a lovely Dr Who convention in Sussex, having a whale of a time and - again - seeing old friends and making new ones. It all seems a lifetime ago. I wish we were able to do all that fun stuff again.

But... it's like I wrote to an old friend this morning, when I was doing my best to be bright and optimistic, and it's worth repeating here, to my friends on FB:

'I hope you're keeping well in these strange, science fictional times. I feel lucky that i'm here in our house with Jeremy and Bernard Socks.... I'm banking on the world rolling on and taking us all with it into a happy new phase, with no fear and illness and complicated stuff. When we can all get together and have a laugh and catch up and just enjoy the simple, ordinary, daft things we like to do.'


Comments